The Constitutive Document is the foundational document for the UNCAC Coalition, setting out the ground rules which guide the development and growth of the Coalition, its planning and organisational processes, and the spirit of its work. The Coalition’s activities and governance are also governed by its Rules of Procedure.
The Coalition’s vision is a world in which corruption is effectively countered through transparent, participatory and collaborative action in compliance with an agreed international legal framework, particularly UNCAC.
The UNCAC Coalition will foster collaboration between civil society organizations globally to mobilise broad civil society action at national, regional and international levels to achieve the ratification, implementation, enforcement and monitoring of the UN Convention against Corruption.
To read the full UNCAC Coalition Constitutive Document, click here.
To read the Coalition's Rules of Procedure, click here.
The UNCAC Coalition is governed by a Coordination Committee of twelve members, whose responsibilities include:
- Providing policy coordination and oversight of the work of the Secretariat.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Coalition’s strategy.
- Promoting the activities and projects of the Coalition, and helping to identify funding opportunities.
- Communicating positions of the Coalition to wider public audiences.
- Agreeing on the location and content of membership meetings.
- Approving new members.
- Ensuring the prompt and effective issuance of Coalition statements.
- Assisting the organisation of support for Coalition members, including assistance to members under attack due to their anti-corruption work.
The seats on the Coordination Committee are allocated as follows:
- 8 Regional seats: One seat each for (a) sub-Saharan Africa; (b) Middle East and North Africa; (c) East Asia, Central Asia and Pacific; (d) South Asia; (e) Europe; and (f) the Americas, and two additional seats for the two regions with the largest number of members in the Coalition.
- 2 International Member Organisation seats
- 1 seat for International Affiliate Members
- 1 seat for the Secretariat
Coordination Committee members are elected for terms of two years.
Elections for the first Coordination Committee took place in April 2011. Further elections for a part of the Committee are held annually in April.
You can read more about the Coordination Committee in the Constitutive Document above.